13 Key Habits To Help You “Seize the Day”
Personal development statesman, Paul J. Meyer, shares his “baker’s dozen” on how to get the most out of life.
I believe there are certain habits that will enable us to live life to its fullest, making the most of every opportunity. These habits are not personality traits! They are little choices that we internalize into habits. Here are 13 of my favorite habits that help me seize each day:
1. Be an inverted paranoid: I believe the whole world is conspiring to do only good things to me.
2. Be a quick forgiver: I don’t have time to waste in unforgiveness.
3. Be optimistic: Believing the best of people and circumstances is a sure way to find the best.
4. Be thankful: I always give thanks, keep my eyes on God as my provider, and keep a smile on my face.
5. Be an encourager: Encouragers make me feel better, stronger, and more capable of accomplishing my dreams. I want to do the same for others.
6. Be spontaneous: I have a sense of urgency and a do-it-now attitude.
7. Be a giver: My greatest joy is giving!
8. Be positive: Being positive has the potential of turning the worst situations into victories.
9. Smile a lot and laugh at life: Adversity is a steppingstone, not a roadblock. Why not laugh in the midst of the challenges?
10. Live life with enthusiasm: I will only live once, so why not give it my all?
11. Enjoy life: I truly enjoy life.
12. Find a hobby you enjoy: No matter where I am, I have something I like to do.
13. Look for people to help: I get up every morning excited about the person I might help that day.